Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Leave Room For Dessert !! From Woman's World Magazine 11/23/04. These gooey, nut-studded treats - inspired by pecan pie - will disappear fast.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Absolutely great tasting bars, at least for the nut lovers out there! I made the recipe as given & when it came to the frosting, I did do a very thin drizzle so as not to detract from the great flavor of the nuts! A wonderful keeper of a recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1 (11 ounce) package pie crust mix
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) canlightly salted roasted mixed nuts
- canned vanilla frosting (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch-square baking pan with enough foil to overhang all sides by 2 inches; coat with cooking spray.
- Prepare crust mix according to package directions for 2-crust pie.
- On lightly floured surface roll out dough into 12-inch square. Fit into pan. Bake 10 minutes or until just golden.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar, syrup, eggs, flour, vanilla and salt; stir in nuts. Pour into crust. Bake 30 minutes or until set. Cool on rack 10 minutes. Use foil to lift bars from pan. Cool completely on rack.
- Refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
- If desired, melt frosting in glass measuring cup in microwave on High (100%) power in 10-second intervals until pourable; drizzle over bars.
- Cut into squares.