Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great recipe for cookie plates, or for when it is your turn to bring a sweet treat to a gathering. Very quick and easy to make, yet very special. Recipe is from a neighbor I used to have....thanks Diane!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) can mixed nuts
- 9 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Mix first four ingredients like pie crust.
- Press into bottom of 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Evenly spread mixed nuts over baked crust.
- Mix together last four ingredients in a saucepan.
- Heat until mixture melts, stirring constantly.
- Pour cooked syrup over nuts.
- Bake 10 more minutes at 350 degrees.
These are one of my Christmas favorites and your recipe is exactly how I remember them! Thanks so much!
Very good recipe! Mine are a little chewy, but that might be due to the length of time I allowed the syrup to cook. Very tasty though, and a definate keeper! Thanks for posting it! :)