Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Salty and sweet....you'd have to be nuts to turn one of these down!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups salted mixed nuts, very coarsely chopped
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In medium bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in the 1/2 cup butter until evenly mixed. Press evenly in bottom of an ungreased 13" x 9" baking pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes; allow to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle nuts evenly over semi-cooled crust.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat all remaining ingredients over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until chips are melted. Drizzle the melted butterscotch mixture evenly over nuts. Bake at 350 for about 5 minutes.
- For best results, cut into bars while they are still warm.