Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Philippine version of this universally popular noodle meal. Quick and easy to make. Very tasty!
- 240 g egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 180 g cooked prawns
- 180 g cooked chicken
- 45 g cooked ham
- lemon wedge
- Soak egg noodles in warm water for 10 minutes to loosen strands. Drain. Boil noodles in lightly salted water for 3 minutes or until tender but still firm to bite. Drain.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry finely sliced onion and finely chopped garlic until golden.
- Add shredded cabbage and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add soy sauce mixed with 2 tablespoons of water, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add prawns, chicken, ham and noodles. Toss and fry until heated through and no liquid remains.
- Season with pepper and serve.
- Garnish with lemon wedges to add piquancy to individual serves.
- Tip. Cooked pork can be used instead of chicken or as an extra.