1/3 Photos of Mixed Mustard Pickles
From The Rodale Food Center. You can use all the vegetables listed, omit a few or use just one kind, like green beans. Just make sure you use an equal weight/measurement to get the total canned yield. Recipe can be cut in half. Posted by Request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons celery seeds
- 4 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 lbs pickling cucumbers, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 lbs small onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cups celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups carrot sticks
- 1/2 lb green beans, whole
- 2 cups sweet peppers, cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1In a large enamel or stainless pot combine the vinegar, honey, celery seeds, mustard seeds, and turmeric.
- 2Stir well and over high heat bring to boiling stage.
- 3Add remaining ingredients.
- 4Return product to the boiling stage.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Fill hot sterile jars with vegetables.
- 7Cover with hot liquid, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- 8Process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath canner.
- 9Makes about 10 pints.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Mustard Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (5143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.1
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 56.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 38.0 g
- Protein 4.8 g