Recipe by Dib's
From The Rodale Food Center. You can use all the vegetables listed, omit a few or use just one kind, like green beans. Just make sure you use an equal weight/measurement to get the total canned yield. Recipe can be cut in half. Posted by Request.
Top Review by French Tart
Fantastic! I used all the ingredients except the carrots and the green beans......only because I didn't have any to hand!! An easy and good recipe that I made last week, I let it mature before tasting it today in a cheese and mustard pickle sandwich! I cut the quantity back to one quarter, as the amount would have been too much for the two of us! Made for Preserving Summer in the Photo's Forum and very much enjoyed thanks Di!! FT:-)
- 4 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons celery seeds
- 4 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 lbs pickling cucumbers, cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cups celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups carrot sticks
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, whole
- 2 cups sweet peppers, cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large enamel or stainless pot combine the vinegar, honey, celery seeds, mustard seeds, and turmeric.
- Stir well and over high heat bring to boiling stage.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Return product to the boiling stage.
- Remove from heat.
- Fill hot sterile jars with vegetables.
- Cover with hot liquid, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath canner.
- Makes about 10 pints.