From The Rodale Food Center. You can use all the vegetables listed, omit a few or use just one kind, like green beans. Just make sure you use an equal weight/measurement to get the total canned yield. Recipe can be cut in half. Posted by Request.
- 4 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons celery seeds
- 4 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 lbs pickling cucumbers, cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cups celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups carrot sticks
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, whole
- 2 cups sweet peppers, cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- In a large enamel or stainless pot combine the vinegar, honey, celery seeds, mustard seeds, and turmeric.
- Stir well and over high heat bring to boiling stage.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Return product to the boiling stage.
- Remove from heat.
- Fill hot sterile jars with vegetables.
- Cover with hot liquid, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath canner.
- Makes about 10 pints.