Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Clean Eating, Fall 2008, This recipe has been revised by me so that the ingredients are not so "clean". All times are an estimation.
- 6 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil, divided
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons black bean garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1⁄2 onion, halved and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 12 ounces baby bok choy, sliced crosswise into 1/2 inch piece
- 1 portabella mushroom, halved and sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 8 large cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces enoki mushrooms
- 4 green onions, including half of greens, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Cook noodles according to package directions., Drain and return to pot. Toss with 1 tbsp oil, cover and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine stock, black bean sauce, soy sauce and arrowroot. Set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add onions and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add bok choy and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add portobello mushroom and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add shitake and cremini mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until all mushrooms in wok are tender. Add stock mixture and enoki mushrooms. Cook stirring occasionally, until sauce comes to a boi and thickens. about 1 minute.
- Serve stir fry over noodles, sprinkled with green onions.