A la Carte's Note:
For this Thanksgiving! Use cremini, oyster, and chanterelle mushrooms if you can. This is from Bon Apetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pre-made pie shell
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb mixed fresh wild mushroom, quartered lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F (or as per pie shell directions). Bake pie shell following package directions.
- 2Cool completely in pan on a rack, about 15 minutes.
- 3Make filling while shell bakes:.
- 4Heat butter and oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then sauté mushrooms, shallot, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender and any liquid given off is evaporated, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cool to room temperature.
- 5Whisk together crème fraîche, heavy cream, whole egg, yolk, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl until combined.
- 6Fill and bake tart:.
- 7Reduce oven temperature to 325°F
- 8Scatter mushrooms evenly in tart shell and pour custard over them. Bake tart in pan on a baking sheet until custard is just set and slightly puffed, 35 to 45 minutes.
- 9Cool tart in pan on rack at least 20 minutes, then remove side of pan. Serve tart warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Mushroom Tart
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.2
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 129.6 mg
- Sodium 478.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g