Nana Lee's Note:
Source: Better Homes and Gardens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 recipe pizza dough or 1 purchased pizza dough
- 8 ounces fontina or 8 ounces valle d'aosta fontina or 8 ounces provolone cheese or 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 large sweet onions, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (such as Vidalia or Walla Walla)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups assorted sliced mushrooms (such as shiitake, oyster, cremini, chanterelle, morel ,and or or button)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary
- snipped fresh parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 375º F.
- 2Prepare Pizza Dough as directed using the 16x12x1-inch pan(or a 15 X 11" pan). Arrange cheese slices on top of dough in pan.
- 3In a large skillet, cook onions, covered, in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-low heat for 13 to 15 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4Uncover; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5 to 8 minutes more or until onions are golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 5In the same skillet, combine mushrooms, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, the garlic, and rosemary.
- 6Cook over medium heat until mushrooms are tender; drain well. Spoon mushroom mixture over cheese. Top with onions.
- 7Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until crust bottom is slightly crisp and brown.
- 8Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- 9Cut the pizza into 4-inch squares and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Mushroom Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.1
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 154.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
recipe pizza dough