1/7 Photos of Mixed Mushroom Pizza
I love mushrooms and this is a grand way to show them off! Adapted from BH&G!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 homemade pizza dough (or use store bought)
- 8 ounces Fontina cheese, thinly sliced (provolone or mozzarella cheese may be substituted)
- 4 cups sweet onions, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (such as shiitake, oyster, cremini, morel,and or or button)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary
- snipped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2Place prepared pizza dough in a 16x12x1-inch pan or a round pizza sheet. Arrange cheese slices on top of dough.
- 3In large skillet, cook onions, covered, in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium low heat for 13-15 minutes, or until onions are tender, stirring several times. Uncover. Now cook and stir over medium high heat for 5-10 minutes longer or until onions are golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 4In the same skillet, combine mushrooms, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, and rosemary. Cook over medium heat until mushrooms are tender and begin to caramelize; drain well. Spoon mushroom mixture over cheese. Top with the onions.
- 5Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until bottom of crust is slightly crisp and brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with parsley. Cut the pizza into 4" squares and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- 6Makes 12 servings.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Mushroom Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 154.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: