1/4 Photos of Mixed Mushroom and Tarragon Risotto
Got this one from my cooking club...and it is incredibly yummy and easy to put together. You can use whatever fresh mushroom combination looks good at your market. Add a mixed green salad with a tart red wine vinaigrette to round it out for a perfect meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth or 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup additional vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced mixed mushrooms, such as shiitake,portobello and button
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1In medium saucepan, bring broth and wine to a simmer.
- 2Melt 1 Tbs of the butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Add mushrooms; cook 3-5 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently.
- 4Remove mushrooms from saucepan with slotted spoon; set aside.
- 5Add remaining 1 Tbs butter and leeks to saucepan; cook until softened, stirring frequently.
- 6Add rice and pepper; cook about 1 minute, stirring, until rice is coated.
- 7Add all but 1/2 cup of the simmering broth mixture.
- 8Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 18-20 minutes or until rice has absorbed most of the liquid and is tender, stirring frequently.
- 9Stir in tarragon and mushrooms.
- 10Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 11Add cheese; stir to blend.
- 12If necessary, add remaining broth for a creamy consistency.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Mushroom and Tarragon Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 661.5
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 293.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium vegetable broth