Recipe by Tish
Got this one from my cooking club...and it is incredibly yummy and easy to put together. You can use whatever fresh mushroom combination looks good at your market. Add a mixed green salad with a tart red wine vinaigrette to round it out for a perfect meal!
Top Review by meg0919
Wonderful dish-- easy to follow recipe. Used onions, 1 cup. instead of leeks because that's all I had on hand. Served it with pork tenderloin rolled in herbs and broccoli rabe with garlic and pepper flakes. Great dinner
- 3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth or 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup additional vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced mixed mushrooms, such as shiitake,portobello and button
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, bring broth and wine to a simmer.
- Melt 1 Tbs of the butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms; cook 3-5 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently.
- Remove mushrooms from saucepan with slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add remaining 1 Tbs butter and leeks to saucepan; cook until softened, stirring frequently.
- Add rice and pepper; cook about 1 minute, stirring, until rice is coated.
- Add all but 1/2 cup of the simmering broth mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 18-20 minutes or until rice has absorbed most of the liquid and is tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in tarragon and mushrooms.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese; stir to blend.
- If necessary, add remaining broth for a creamy consistency.