Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Sam Zien has a new show on Discovery Health called "Just Cook This". I made the "Thai Curried Chicken" and it was fabulous, so I thought I would add a few more of his recipes. They are easy to make and healthful.
- 1 (10 inch) ready-made prepared pizza crust
- 1⁄2 cup softened goat cheese
- 1⁄3 lb shiitake mushroom, sliced thin
- 1⁄3 lb cremini mushroom, sliced thin
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat large pan, add oil and cook mushrooms until softened. Add garlic and stir for a minute. Then add spinach and stir in until the spinach wilts all the way down—only a minute or so.
- Spread goat cheese on crust and top with mushroom-spinach mixture. Sprinkle a bit of shredded Parmesan on top.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
Very good!! I used a little less spinach and more garlic.. I love alot of garlic though! My husband loved this also. Will definately make again. It's yummy and healthy!
I love Sam Zien's cooking show! Even my husband will watch it with me. I've made this a couple of times but the second time I forgot to put the pizza directly on the oven rack, as Sam Zien says to do. I used a pizza stone and the crust was soggy instead of firm/crisp. I also found that 6 oz fresh baby spinach wasn't enough so I used the entire 10 oz bag. Thanks for posting!