Recipe by limecat
Excellent for kids parties, canteen food or a fun way to snack on yummy muffins! You can add any flavour you like to the muffins, I like the banana, strawberry and chocolate mix as they are all distinctly different and loved by all kids. You could ice the muffins with chocolate, strawberry or caramel icing! Yum!
- 2 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 5 strawberries, finely chopped
- 50 g baking chocolate, melted
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour into a large bowl, then add caster sugar and bicarb of soda.
- Stir in milk, eggs and oil, mixing through until just blended, then add vanilla essence.
- Divide mixture into three equal quantities (separate bowls).
- In one bowl, add the banana and stir until just combined.
- In another bowl, add strawberry and stir until just combined.
- In the last bowl, add melted chocolate and choc chip pieces and stir until just combined.
- Pour mixture into greased mini muffin tins and bake in batches (makes 24 mini muffins for each flavour) for 16 minutes at 170 degrees celcius.
- Turn out on a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Place a banana muffin, a chocolate muffin and a strawberry muffin onto a skewer to serve.
- Makes 24 skewers.