Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is something I make for a large group, my family! It sounds like alot of meat, but it goes fast at my house! Good sandwiches if you have leftovers! Who doesn't like Meatloaf?
- Mix the ground beef, eggs,and Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage in a large bowl by kneading the meats together with your hands.
- Add spices (You CAN adjust to taste!) and Worcestersire Sauce and knead the meats again.
- Knead into the meat mixture the Minute Rice. This will be rough, but take your time so it is easier on your hands. The rice is a replacement for breadcrumbs in most recipes, so it will help absorb fat and serve as a filler.
- In a large baking pan or Pyrex baking dish, set the meat mixture in and mold it to fill the dish, leaving at least a 1/2 to 1 inch gap between the meat and the sides of the dish. I use a very large Pyrex baking dish.
- Lay the bacon slices over the top of the meatloaf, evenly spaced. Use what you prefer, just so it adds to the flavor of the meat.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for at least 90 minutes. This is a heavy weight meatloaf and you want it to cook through. You can check like I do by slicing about halfway through the thickness to be sure the meat is no longer pink. Remember you are also using pork in this.
- Let the meatloaf cool for about 5 minutes after you take it out of the oven. Set it on a large meat plate (remember it is HEAVY) and slice to desired thicknesses and serve with side dishes such as mashed potatoes and vegetables for a more traditional meal.
- NOT a diet food, so if you are looking for pure traditional comfort, enjoy!