1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is something I make for a large group, my family! It sounds like alot of meat, but it goes fast at my house! Good sandwiches if you have leftovers! Who doesn't like Meatloaf?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the ground beef, eggs,and Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage in a large bowl by kneading the meats together with your hands.
- 2Add spices (You CAN adjust to taste!) and Worcestersire Sauce and knead the meats again.
- 3Knead into the meat mixture the Minute Rice. This will be rough, but take your time so it is easier on your hands. The rice is a replacement for breadcrumbs in most recipes, so it will help absorb fat and serve as a filler.
- 4In a large baking pan or Pyrex baking dish, set the meat mixture in and mold it to fill the dish, leaving at least a 1/2 to 1 inch gap between the meat and the sides of the dish. I use a very large Pyrex baking dish.
- 5Lay the bacon slices over the top of the meatloaf, evenly spaced. Use what you prefer, just so it adds to the flavor of the meat.
- 6Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for at least 90 minutes. This is a heavy weight meatloaf and you want it to cook through. You can check like I do by slicing about halfway through the thickness to be sure the meat is no longer pink. Remember you are also using pork in this.
- 7Let the meatloaf cool for about 5 minutes after you take it out of the oven. Set it on a large meat plate (remember it is HEAVY) and slice to desired thicknesses and serve with side dishes such as mashed potatoes and vegetables for a more traditional meal.
- 8NOT a diet food, so if you are looking for pure traditional comfort, enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Meat Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.7
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 236.3 mg
- Sodium 338.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 51.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: