Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here is an easy, elegant side dish, that combines both white and sweet potatoes, that is perfect for center stage on your holiday dinner table, or at any meal.
- 946.36 ml cubed pared sweet potatoes (about 1-1/4 lb.)
- 946.36 ml cubed pared boiling potatoes (about 2 lbs.)
- 158.51 ml chopped scallion
- 14.79 ml salt
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml heavy cream
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 1.23 ml grated nutmeg
- Place potatoes, half the scallions, 1 T. salt, and enough water to cover in large heavy pot. Cover and heat to boiling. Remove cover and cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, 20-25 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Mash potatoes. Return potatoes to pot.
- Stir in reserved cooking liquid, the cream, butter, all but 2 t. of the remaining scallions, 1/2 t. salt, the pepper, and nutmeg. Transfer to warmed serving dish, sprinkle with remaining scallions, and serve hot.
Very nice change from the norm. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag game. :)