Recipe by BecR
Fresh, light, and aromatic, this pesto brings together six different herbs, a perfect recipe if you have an herb garden! Use it as you would a basil pesto. Special equipment: a mortar and pestle and/or food processor will be needed. Recipe found online at La Cucina Italia.
- 177.44 ml unsalted raw almonds
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 78.07 ml finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 59.14 ml finely chopped fresh basil
- 14.79 ml finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 14.79 ml finely chopped fresh chives
- 14.79 ml finely chopped fresh savory
- 14.79 ml finely chopped fresh thyme
- 118.29 ml finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese or 118.29 ml grana padano
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 0.59 ml fine sea salt
- 0.59 ml fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely grind almonds in a food processor.
- Combine almonds and oil in a mortar. Using the pestle with a rotary movement, grind half of the herbs against the wall of the mortar until combined.
- Add remaining herbs, cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper; continue to grind until smooth.