Recipe by BecR
Fresh, light, and aromatic, this pesto brings together six different herbs, a perfect recipe if you have an herb garden! Use it as you would a basil pesto. Special equipment: a mortar and pestle and/or food processor will be needed. Recipe found online at La Cucina Italia.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted raw almonds
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh savory
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese or 1⁄2 cup grana padano
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely grind almonds in a food processor.
- Combine almonds and oil in a mortar. Using the pestle with a rotary movement, grind half of the herbs against the wall of the mortar until combined.
- Add remaining herbs, cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper; continue to grind until smooth.