Fresh, light, and aromatic, this pesto brings together six different herbs, a perfect recipe if you have an herb garden! Use it as you would a basil pesto. Special equipment: a mortar and pestle and/or food processor will be needed. Recipe found online at La Cucina Italia.
My Private Note
cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unsalted raw almonds
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh savory
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese or 1/2 cup grana padano
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Finely grind almonds in a food processor.
- 2Combine almonds and oil in a mortar. Using the pestle with a rotary movement, grind half of the herbs against the wall of the mortar until combined.
- 3Add remaining herbs, cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper; continue to grind until smooth.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Herb Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1170.9
- Calories from Fat 1043
- Total Fat 115.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 889.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: