Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good enough for a dinner party, easy enough for every day. (and good for you to boot)
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, peeled,halved,seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (packed without oil)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups any mixed greens (romaine, red leaf, bibb, boston or iceberg lettuces)
- In a blender, combine tomato, sun-dried tomato, ginger, garlic and vinegar.
- Process until smooth.
- Add water, oil, salt and pepper and contiue to puree until smooth.
- Divide greens evenly among 4 salad plates and spoon dressing over the top.
- Dressing also makes a great healthy dip for a veggie tray.
Excellent dressing Kari!! The sundried tomatoes really intensifies the tomato taste and complements the ginger,garlic and balsamic (my favourite) vinegar, without overpowering. We used a nice mix of romaine, redleaf and curly cabbage. This will certainly be added to my hard copy, thanks for sharing.
This was an interesting blend & not bad at all. I think that I would prefer it as a veggie dip as opposed to a salad dressing. To me it was a little thick for a dressing (or maybe I did something wrong), but that doesn't have anything to do with the flavor. Just a personal preference. I just love munching on raw veggies and a good dip makes them even better.
I tried this because of all the positive reviews, but found it to be very thick for a dressing, and as much as I love ginger, did not really enjoy its flavoring with tomatoes. Make sure you like that combination before trying (now I know). This seems more a dip or condiment than dressing.