Recipe by Malriah
Good enough for a dinner party, easy enough for every day. (and good for you to boot)
Top Review by Derf
Excellent dressing Kari!! The sundried tomatoes really intensifies the tomato taste and complements the ginger,garlic and balsamic (my favourite) vinegar, without overpowering. We used a nice mix of romaine, redleaf and curly cabbage. This will certainly be added to my hard copy, thanks for sharing.
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, peeled,halved,seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (packed without oil)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups any mixed greens (romaine, red leaf, bibb, boston or iceberg lettuces)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine tomato, sun-dried tomato, ginger, garlic and vinegar.
- Process until smooth.
- Add water, oil, salt and pepper and contiue to puree until smooth.
- Divide greens evenly among 4 salad plates and spoon dressing over the top.
- Dressing also makes a great healthy dip for a veggie tray.