Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Robin Miller recipe from the Food Network show Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller. It is very good if you like sweet dressings. We eat this salad often. If you are like me and do not care for fish, then the walnuts is a great way to get in some Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Enjoy!
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups mixed lettuce greens
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Whisk together raspberry preserves, oil, vinegar, and Dijon mustard. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange lettuce on salad plates. Top lettuce with dressing and walnuts just before serving.
- My tips: I put all the dressing ingredients in a small tupperware container with a screw on lid and just shake. Much easier and quicker than trying to whisk. Or if you are down to the last little bit of preserves in your jar - just add ingredients to the jar, seal and shake. I also add a couple of tablespoons of water to it as well to kind of thin it out. I usually make it in the morning or the night before and have it ready to go by dinner time. I also sometimes add a sprinkle of feta cheese as well.
This salad is so easy to put together and tastes like you ordered it from a fancy restraunt. I added some extra vinegar (it spilled ;) ), and a pear because I needed to use it up. You could pour the dressing on just about anything and it would taste good! Made for PAC 08