A nice, light summer salad. From Cooking Light.
Make and share this Mixed Greens With Pears and Raspberries recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups spinach leaves, torn
- 2 cups bibb lettuce, torn
- 2 cups curly endive lettuce, torn
- 2 medium pears, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- Combine the vinegar, juice, oil, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl; stir well with a wire whisk.
- Combine greens and pears in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Divide among 6 plates, top with raspberries and drizzle with dressing.
This is really A WONDERFUL SALAD, & we not only enjoyed the pear & berry combo, but the dressing was great, too, & I suspect I'll be making that part of the salad even more often & using it on other salads as well! I'm not always big on holding on to salad recipes, but this one is A DEFINITE KEEPER ~ Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in I Recommend... tag]
My last recipe for *Flower Power* and I am glad to have this one as my last bite. What a beauty you have here, and is so true, pears, raspberries, fresh greens make this an extra special salad. I too, loved the dressing, and mine was We have a boat load of fresh green in the garden, and also the raspberries are here, so we were swept away from this combination.I wouldn't change one thing for this recipe other then adding a fork. Thanks, what a great salad! Made for Everyday is a Holiday June 2009
Another excellent recipe from Mikekey. This salad was great, it was light and crisp, with lovely textures, the fruit and dressing complimented one another perfectly. The thick dressing is sweet, tart and tangy. Today I made this with romaine hearts, I can't wait to try it with the mixed greens. Thanks so much for sharing.