- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hickory smoke salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnut pieces
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 bunch leaf lettuce
- 1⁄2 bunch curly endive lettuce
- 1⁄2 small radicchio
- 6 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup oil-and-vinegar dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In 9-inch square pan, heat butter and salt in oven 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Bake uncovered 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; toss until walnuts are evenly coated.
- Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is light brown; cool.
- Into large bowl, tear lettuce, endive, radicchio and spinach into bite-size pieces (about 12 cups).
- Add dressing and walnuts; toss until greens are well coated.