Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is adapted from Bon Appetit, Enjoy. Time does not inclide standing time for dressing,
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup paper-thin slices red onion
- 2 (6 ounce) bags mixed greens
- 6 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in a small bowl to blend, Season dressing with Salt and pepper.
- Transfer 2 tablespoons dressing to another smaller bowl; Mix in onions.
- Let onion and remaiming dressing stand at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours.
- Toss onion mixture occasionally.
- Mix lettuces, tomatoes, and onion mixture in bowl.
- Toss with dressing, serve.
Wonderful! I took this to a Shabbos dinner and it was so good that people were putting the dressing on the salmon entree as well.
Simply wonderful. A real keeper.