Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fall 2004 and The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- 8 cups mesclun salad greens (5 ounces)
- 1 head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 2 cups halved seedless grapes, preferably red and green (about 1 pound)
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 ounces) or 3⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. To prepare dressing: Whisk (or shake) oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl (or jar) until blended.
- 2. To prepare salad: Just before serving, toss greens and radicchio in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing on top and toss to coat. Divide the salad among 8 plates. Scatter grapes and cheese over each salad; serve immediately.
- Makes 8 servings, 1 1/2 cups each.
- Per serving: 135 calories; 10 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrate; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 239 mg sodium.