Recipe by Sharon123
This delicious salad came from the Vegetarian Classics Cookbook by Jeanne Lemlin.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this as given although I did include a nicely rounded measure of the dried cranberries (love those things)! We also were very satisfied with the lemon & garlic combo in the dressing! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 4 cups mesclun, washed and dried (mixed baby greens)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered red onion
- 4 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- generous seasoning fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mild-flavored olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toast the pecans in a shallow pan until they begin to release fragrance, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Combine the lettuce, mesclun, and onion in a salad bowl.
- Just before serving, pour on the dressing and toss well.
- Check to see if you need to add more dressing; you don't want to make the greens too wet.
- Serve on individual salad plates with the pecans and the cranberries sprinkled on each portion.
- To make Lemon-Soy Dressing: Place all the ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously.
- Yield: 3/4 cup.