Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This delicious salad came from the Vegetarian Classics Cookbook by Jeanne Lemlin.
Make and share this Mixed Greens with Dried Cranberries and Toasted Pecans recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 4 cups mesclun, washed and dried (mixed baby greens)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered red onion
- 4 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- generous seasoning fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mild-flavored olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toast the pecans in a shallow pan until they begin to release fragrance, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Combine the lettuce, mesclun, and onion in a salad bowl.
- Just before serving, pour on the dressing and toss well.
- Check to see if you need to add more dressing; you don't want to make the greens too wet.
- Serve on individual salad plates with the pecans and the cranberries sprinkled on each portion.
- To make Lemon-Soy Dressing: Place all the ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously.
- Yield: 3/4 cup.
Made this as given although I did include a nicely rounded measure of the dried cranberries (love those things)! We also were very satisfied with the lemon & garlic combo in the dressing! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
I never go wrong with most salads I make on this site. This was no exception. I used toasted almonds and it was just perfect. I love the healthy aspect of this dressing along with my Antioxidant blend of dried fruits. (Sunsweet's dried blueberries, cherries, cranberries, plums). Just fabulous!!~ Made this recipe of Sharon's in honor of Yellow Livestrong Month. May 08.!
This was a great salad even though I forgot to put the pecans on after toasting them! I really enjoyed the flavor of the cranberries and this salad dressing as did my DH. A 15 yr. old boy visiting with us said he did not like salad - but I asked him just to try it - and he ate the whole thing!!