Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Super delicious recipe!!!From Cooking Pleasures Magazine. "Pureed berries provide body and a rick flavor to the dressing without adding fat, and they contribute vitamins and fiber."
- 1⁄4 cup frozen unsweetened mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries (or both mixed) or 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries (or both mixed)
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Place all dressing ingredients in blender; blend until smooth. (Dressing can be made up to 4 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- Just before serving, in large bowl, toss greens, dried cherries and berries, and onion.
- Add enough dressing to lightly coat greens; toss to coat well.
- Divide among salad plates; sprinkle with walnuts.
- Pass remaining dressing.
- To toast walnuts, spread on baking sheet; bake at 375°F for 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
I'm sorry to have to give this recipe two stars, but we found the dressing to be terrible. Very tart, even after adding more sugar. I also found the mustard and garlic to add an odd taste throughout. The salad itself is a great combination that we eat often. Thanks for posting, and I have several other of your recipes saved in my cookbooks ready to try!