Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Southern Living
Make and share this Mixed Greens Salad With Cinnamon Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 1 golden delicious apple, quartered and cored
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) packagegourmet mixed salad greens, thoroughly washed
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Cut apple quarters into 1/4-inch slices. Microwave slices, 2 teaspoons water, and 1 teaspoons cinnamon in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 minute, stirring once. Cool 10 minutes.
- Whisk together vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, and remaining 1 teaspoons cinnamon until well combined. Add canola oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly.
- Toss 1/2 cup vinaigrette with salad greens. Sprinkle salad evenly with goat cheese, walnuts, and apple mixture. Serve remaining vinaigrette with salad, if desired, or refrigerate up to 1 week.