Recipe by Seasoned Cook
An impressive salad with wonderful colors! This will "wow" your guests. It could be used as a main dish by adding small pieces of chicken. Outstanding salad!
- 3 cups mixed baby lettuces and spring greens, torn
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 bosc pears
- 1 red apple
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans, broken
- wine vinaigrette dressing (I use Kraft Seven Seas Red Wine Vinaigrette)
- In large bowl mix leaf salad greens and romaine lettuce. Leaving peeling on for color, cut apple and pears in bite-size pieces and add to greens.
- Add crumbled blue cheese and toasted pecans. Drizzle only enough vinaigrette dressing to moisten well. Toss well. Serve immediately.