Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Although the original of this recipe came from the Kraft Foods Holiday 2007 food & family magazine, it has been tweaked quite a bit to satisfy our own preferences.
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 6 cups mixed salad greens, torn
- 1 (15 ounce) can pears, sliced, lite, drained
- 3⁄4 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup Italian dressing, lite, zesty
- Put pecans, cinnamon & sugar in a zip-lock bag. Seal the bag & toss to coat.
- Spread nuts evenly onto the bottom of a microwaveable pie plate & microwave on HIGH up to 1 1/2 minutes or until toasted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- In a large bowl, carefully mix greens with pears, cheese & cranberries.
- Just before serving add pecans & dressing, then mix carefully.
What an easy way to make candied nuts, great idea. Really love everything in this salad individually and the combination for them worked magic and made a wonderful salad that I'll be enjoying more as the warmer weather rolls around. I have this printed to go into my Keepers folder.
A wonderful marriage of greens, fruit, cheese and tangy dressing but the star of this show is the cinnamon pecans. We have enjoyed candied walnuts, almonds and all kinds of other nuts both sweet and savory in salads but this is the first time we have had cinnamon pecans and were thoroughly delighted with the flavor dimension they brought. I made stacking the ingredients instead of tossing but other than that no changes were made, and was very pleased with the simplicity and end results of how the pecans are prepared. We will be enjoying this pretty and tasty salad again, thanks for the post.
A nice salad! I didn't have pears, so used sliced apples, and for the dressing used red wine vinaigrette. Thanks for a deliciuos salad! Made for Please Review My Recipe game.