Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from The Diabetic Cookbook. It can be easily adapted for any occassion or season. The variety of fruit and berries can be endless. I have often added grilled chicken or shrimp to make a complete meal. Hope you enjoy!
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup mixed fruit (Blueberries; Strawberries, quartered; blackberries; raspberries; pineapple; mandarin orange segments)
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons salad oil
- 4 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons snipped of fresh mint or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried mint, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large salad bowl, mixed together mixed greens, mushrooms, zucchini and fruit.
- In a jar combine the dressing ingredients; cover and shake until combined.
- Pour over salad just before serving, toss to coat.
I make this salad often, I use lite orange juice and keep the dressing seperate until just before serving, everyone loves this salad. Thanks for a great recipe.
This was darn near dessert!! Loved it! I used mandarin oranges and pineapple! The dressing was very good!! Thank you!!
I agree with Latchy, this dressing is fabulous, and the mint adds soooo much. The only "brownish" mustard I had on hand was Luzianne Creole mustard, and it worked very well. I used the mushrooms and raw zucchini, plus pineapple and mandarin oranges, and a small amount of plain baked chicken since the salad was for our lunches. Hubby liked it, I liked it, and i'm so glad that you posted this recipe, Paula! Thanks also to ellie for suggesting this recipe in Recipe Request!