This recipe comes from The Diabetic Cookbook. It can be easily adapted for any occassion or season. The variety of fruit and berries can be endless. I have often added grilled chicken or shrimp to make a complete meal. Hope you enjoy!
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup mixed fruit (Blueberries; Strawberries, quartered; blackberries; raspberries; pineapple; mandarin orange segments)
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons salad oil
- 4 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons snipped fresh mint or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried mint, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large salad bowl, mixed together mixed greens, mushrooms, zucchini and fruit.
- In a jar combine the dressing ingredients; cover and shake until combined.
- Pour over salad just before serving, toss to coat.