Recipe by COOKGIRl
From Sauvie Island Lavender Farm, Multnomah County, Oregon. If you wish, substitute another citrus fruit of your choice: orange/blood orange, grapefruit, pomelo, etc. A link to recipes on this site for making lavender sugar:http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?s_type=%2Frecipes.php&q=lavender+sugar&Search=Search&Searcht=
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender blossoms (can use fresh)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons lavender sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 cup green loose leaf lettuce
- 1 cup red loose leaf lettuce
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 11 ounces tangerines, segments (or other citrus of choice)
- 1⁄2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup lavender-caramelized walnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh lavender flowers or 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing: Whisk the ingredients together in a non-reactive bowl and set aside for at least 1 hour to marinate.
- Caramelized Nuts: Melt butter over medium heat in a large saute pan.
- Add walnuts and toss until coated and lightly toasted.
- Add the lavender sugar.
- Continue to stir until sugar begins to caramelize.
- Remove from heat.
- Place nuts on parchment paper or lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Separate clumps with a wooden spoon.
- Let cool then store in a covered container.
- Salad: Combine the greens in a large bowl and toss well.
- Divide and arrange on 4 salad plates. Divide the remaining salad onto each plate.
- Garnish with fresh lavender sprigs. Scatter the caramelized walnuts on top.
- Serve salad with dressing on the side.