Recipe by Epi Curious
This is so quick and easy but the flavors are outstanding. You can put this salad together in a snap...the combination of the greens, fresh strawberries, feta and walnuts is great paired with the strawberry-balsamic vinaigrette. Adapted from a Bon Appetit recipe submitted by Judy Wilkins.
Top Review by Bergy
Wonderful, colorful delicious salad. I didn't use oil in the vinaigrette just mashed strawberries and Balsamic. The feta cheese that I used came in oil so there was a dribble of Olive oil on the salad. Great do again salad Thanks for posting
- 1 lb strawberry, hulled and halved (do not use frozen)
- 5 ounces mixed baby greens
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or you can use 2 packets of your favorite artificial sweetener)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash enough strawberries to measure 1/3 cup. Place in a blender with the oil, vinegar and sugar and blend until well combined. Season dressing with salt and pepper, if desired.
- In a large bowl, combine the greens, remaining strawberries, feta cheese and walnuts. Add the dressing; toss to coat and serve immediately.