Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from Paula Deen. This salad is can also be served with Spiced Croutons and the recipe is included.
- 10 cups mixed salad greens
- 3⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Parmesan Pepper Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (14 ounce loaf)
- For dressing, in medium bowl, whisk together cheese, sour cream, buttermilk, mayonnaise, garlic, mustard, lemon juice and pepper.
- Cover, and chill.
- For croutons, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In small bowl, whisk together oil, butter, garlic salt, thyme, basil and pepper.
- Place bread cubes on a rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with oil mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Note: leftover croutons can be frozen in a zip-top bag for another meal.
- For salad, in large bowl, combine salad greens, mushrooms, cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with half of dressing, tossing gently to coat.
- Serve salad with remaining dressing and top with spiced croutons just before serving.
Great salad! Fresh and tasty and loved the croutons. I halved the recipe, otherwise made just as directed and wouldn't change a thing. I had way more dressing than was needed but that's okay 'cause I can use it for lunch tomorrow! Thanks for posting your recipe!
Very tasty salad; and pretty easy to prepare. The dressing was a bit thick for my liking; more of a dip consistency but the flavor was excellent. I am not sure how to thin it without destroying the fab flavor. The dressing would work great as a vegetable dip as well! Thanks Lainey it was yummy!