Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
What a delightful summer salad!! This is a recipe from Martha -
Make and share this Mixed Green Salad With Freshly Shelled Peas and Edible Flowers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups freshly shelled peas
- 1 baguette, sliced diagonally, into 12 pieces
- 1 cup olive oil, plus more
- olive oil, for bread
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced (from 1 shallot)
- 24 cups mixed salad greens
- fresh edible flower, for serving
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add peas, and cook until bright green, 2-3 minutes. Drain immediately, rinse, and drain again.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Brush both sides of bread slices with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill until toasted and lightly charred, about 1 minute per side.
- Place oil, lemon juice, mustard, water, shallot, 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoons pepper in a jar. Cover, and shake to emulsify dressing.
- Mix peas, lettuces, edible flowers, and 1 cup vinaigrette in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve salad with grilled bread and remaining vinaigrette on the side.