Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Perfect for summer with a light champagne vinaigrette dressing, this salad is as tasty as it is beautiful.
- 1 small shallot, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 44.37 ml champagne vinegar
- 2.46 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 118.29 ml oil (a blend of 50-50 olive oil and canola oil)
- 1892.72 ml greens
- 3 peaches, sliced
- 1 bunch basil sprig
- 59.14 ml pine nuts, toasted
- 118.29 ml chevre cheese, crumbled
- Place dressing ingredients shallot through salt and pepper in the blender and puree. Drizzle in the oil mixture to blend.
- Place the salad ingredients into a large salad bowl and drizzle lightly with vinaigrette.
DH, my cousin, and I enjoyed this gorgeous summer salad as a side to grilled pizzas last night. It was fantastic. Loved the combination of peaches and goat cheese and found the vinaigrette to be tangy and refreshing. The only change I made was to use all olive oil for the dressing since I was out of canola oil. I used a really good olive oil that I got as a gift. I will definitely be making this salad again and thought it worked particularly well with grilled pizza. Thanks, Jan. Made for ZWT7
This was a great salad. Loved the vinaigrette - light and refreshing. My little country store didn't have fresh peaches, so I used canned. But I'll be making this again with fresh. Thanks for a nice salad, Jan. Made for ZWT7 for the Emerald City Shakers.