1/1 Photo of Mixed Grain Mushroom Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Dusty Gold's Note:
A friend gave me this recipe, its my comfort food now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine grains in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- 2Pour the oil into a 2 to 3 quart casserole which is safe for both stovetop and oven cooking, and place on medium heat.
- 3When hot, saute onion and garlic until tender and translucent, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- 4Add the mixed grains and saute for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 5Meanwhile melt butter or margarine (if using) in a separate pan on medium high heat.
- 6When hot, add mushrooms and saute quickly, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are hot and have just absorbed the"butter" (about 1 minute).
- 7Immediately remove from heat.
- 8Add the broth, herbs, and mushrooms to the casserole with the onions and grains, and bring to a boil.
- 9Season with salt and pepper to taste, cover tightly (use aluminum foil between pot and cover if necessary for a good seal), and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Grain Mushroom Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.0
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 323.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 5.1 g