Recipe by GothicGranola
From 'The Essential Eating Well Cookbook' 2006 High fiber; each serving: generous 1/2 cup Per serving: 309 Calories; 6 G Fat (1 G sat, 3 G mono); 60 G Carbs; 8 G Protein; 5 G Fiber
- 2 1⁄2 cups calcium-fortified orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 cup dried apricots or 1 cup fig, diced
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 2⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine orange juice, water, cinnamon, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high hear; stir in apricots (or figs) and oats. Gradually add cornmeal, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Divide the porridge among 6 bowls. Top with yogurt, maple syrup, and almonds. Serve immediately.