Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious salad for anytime, very elegant. This was taken from Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee.
Make and share this Mixed Fruit, Spring Greens W. White Chocolate-Orange Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- Drain mandarin oranges and reserve juice. In a large bowl, combine salad greens and fruit.
- Over medium-low heat in a small saucepan, combine vinegar, 1/3 cup reserved Mandarin juice, salt, and sugar.
- Gently heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in white chocolate until melted. Set aside to cool.
- Do not refrigerate, as white chocolate will set.
- Before serving, slowly whisk in olive oil.
Elegant, Easy & Quite tasty! Hubby initially turned up his nose at this one but had to eat his words ... we both really enjoyed this salad. It was a nice diversion from the standard vinaigrette salads and an awesome combination of fruits and greens! I must admit I was skeptical when reading the list of ingredients but this is definitely a keeper! Thanks!