Recipe by Bev
Quick, colorful, and delicious, these four-ingredient fruity shakes are as good-looking as they are good for you. Score a few extra oohs and aahs by using the two-tone serving suggestion. Source: Better Homes and Gardens
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
I made this for myself this morning - the most beautiful 3 tone smoothie I have ever made(brought it down to 1 serving or 1 glass). I used 2 fresh strawberries(sliced), 5 1/2 tbsps. yogurt(beaten), 1/4 tbsp. honey, 85gms. mango juice (from the tetra pack)and 1/2 a banana at room temperature(sliced). I put 6 ice cubes at the base of the glass(something very much I required to get the chilled feeling to this smoothie). Then, I put the banana and the mango juice in my mixie and processed until smooth to get a "orange-yellow" smoothie. Then, I put in the strawberries and honey in my mixie and processed to get a "rose pink" coloured smoothie. Lastly, I put in the yogurt in my mixie and processed till smooth to get a "white" smoothie.. Thus, I had a 3 colour smoothie - I put the pink smoothie first into the glass over the ice cubes, followed by the yellow-orange and lastly, the white smoothie. It looked so presentable and appealing! I'm going to call it "Rose-Sunflower-Tulip Smoothie" and think of my Auntie Bev'll whenever I make it again(which is for sure very very soon!) Needless to say, but still I must,this is my FAVOURITE now onwards!! This is the "Queen" of all the smoothies on the planet! Every Zaarian must try this one. This will be cool to make and serve on Valentine's Day too - the rose colour of this smoothie is absolutely "To Die For"(I mixed all the 3 smoothies at the end to get a resultant rose colour that I cherish to my heart's core). Thank U, Auntie Bev'll, for this incredible and healthy smoothie.
- 2 bananas, chilled
- 2⁄3 cup strawberries or 2⁄3 cup mango, slices
- 1 (12 ounce) can grape juice or 1 (12 ounce) can mango juice or 1 (12 ounce) can apricot nectar or 1 (12 ounce) can strawberry juice or 1 (12 ounce) canother fruit nectar, chilled
- 1 (8 ounce) carton nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 2 tablespoons ground pistachio nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine bananas; strawberries or mango slices; grape juice or fruit nectar; yogurt; and, if desired, honey in a blender container.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into six tall, chilled glasses.
- If desired, sprinkle with ground pistachio nuts.
- Makes 6 smoothies.
- Note: For two-tone smoothies, make mango smoothies and strawberry smoothies.
- Transfer to separate pitchers or glass measuring cups.
- Taking a pitcher or cup in each hand, slowly pour both smoothies at the same time into opposite sides of the glass.