Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dish is not cooked but served cold. You may change the fruits to use those in season or you could even use one single fruit instead of a plethora of them. Enjoy this delicious accompaniment with any Indian meal you serve! Happy Diwali!
- 1 cup mango, washed, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup apricot, washed and cubed
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup mandarin orange segments
- 1 cup thick mango pulp
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup coconut, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 -2 dried red chili, de-seeded
- 1 teaspoon tamarind pulp
- Combine all the ingredients for the spice paste.
- Grind them in a blender till smooth.
- Gently mix all the fruit, mango pulp, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in the spice paste.
- Mix well.