I made this for my dad, wanting to use a "lighter" recipe with less sugar, but without artificial sweetener. I think it turned out very good. I followed the directions under "cooked jams" from the Certo Light pectin crystals, using the recipe for strawberry jam as a guideline. Note that you want to end up with 6 cups of prepared fruit. This can be kept on the shelf for up to 6 months.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, mix the crushed strawberries, blueberries, and apples.
- 2Mix certo pectin crystals with 1/4 cup of the sugar.
- 3Mix this into the prepared fruit.
- 4Bring the fruit mixture to a boil over high heat.
- 5Stir in the rest of the sugar.
- 6Boil hard for 1 minute.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Stir and skim for 5 minutes to avoid floating fruit (I had nothing to skim, but I stirred for 5 minutes anyway).
- 9Ladle into steralized jars to 1/4 inch of rim.
- 10Seal and process.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Fruit Red Jam
Serving Size: 1 (1956 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.9
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 124.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light fruit pectin