Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A refreshing summer dessert with no added sugar or sweetener! From "Ruth Reisman Brings Home Spa Desserts".
- Wrap bananas in aluminum foil.
- Freeze at least 2 hours.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Add 1/8 cup skim milk and puree in blender just until little lumps are still evident.
- Add berries and remaining skim milk (1/8 cup).
- Puree until the mixture has a creamy consistency and looks like ice cream.
- Do not overblend.
- Soften slightly with a spoon before serving.
- Serve in 4 individual dishes.
This is sooooo similiar to my Banana Ice Cream recipe, which we just love. I usually peel the bananas and pop them into heavy zip lock bags and then into the freezer. Your idea of freezing the mousse after processing is a good one, and is helpful to be able to make it ahead of time. I've always served it just after pureeing. We like frozen pineapple- fresh or canned -with this too. We really enjoyed the strawberries though and will be keeping some of this in the freezer to enjoy during the summer months.
This is quite good and easy to make. I also generally serve it immediately after it is blended. I've substituted kiwi for the banana and added a splash of lime juice a tbl of sugar - lots of possible variations here!
Very creamy and delicious. I filled a cup measure with frozen strawberries and filled in the cracks with blueberries. I liked it best right after it was blended but it was also good later! Thanks so much.