This is a wonderful dessert with ingredients easily available and a taste unforgettable. A Sanjeev Kapoor special that is easy to prepare and enjoy when guests topple in unexpected or for a birthday or other occasion like Val's day! Enjoy :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large apples, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 3 large pears, chopped in 1 inch cubes
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1Preheat oven to 175°C.
- 2Grab hold of an oven-proof dish and lightly grease it.
- 3Combine the flour and butter in a bowl with your fingers until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- 4Fold in the almonds, oats, mixed spices, brown sugar and honey.
- 5Mix thoroughly to combine.
- 6In another bowl, mix together the fruits, ginger, honey and orange juice.
- 7Spoon this mixture into the greased ovenproof dish.
- 8Sprinkle the crumb topping over the mixed fruits in the dish.
- 9Bake at 175C for 30 minutes until the topping is golden and the fruits are tender.
- 10Serve warm with hot custard.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Fruit Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (570 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 947.1
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 138.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 186.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.7 g
- Sugars 113.4 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: