Recipe by mandabears
This rich fruity spread is non fat and tastes great on toasted english muffins, toast or bagels. Lasts for 2 weeks in the refrigerator but it has not lasted that long at my house.
- 8 ounces dried mixed fruit
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Let stand uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 2 weeks.