Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I saw this recipe on Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee. it looks fabulous!
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges (reserve 1/3 cup mandarin orange juice)
- 5 ounces pre-washed spring greens
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1⁄2 pint blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Drain Mandarin oranges and reserve juice. In a large bowl, combine salad greens and fruit. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine vinegar, 1/3 cup reserved Mandarin juice, salt, and sugar. Gently heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in white chocolate until melted. Set aside to cool. Do not refrigerate, as white chocolate will set.
- Before serving, slowly whisk in olive oil. Spoon desired amount over salad and toss. Serve remaining dressing on side.
This salad was delicious! More like a dessert than a salad. Surprisingly, the white chocolate dressing really complemented the greens. I used raspberries (a ton of it) instead of strawberries. The dressing was quite runny, so next time, I will try using a touch of xanthan gum.