Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
Oh come on, try it, you'll like it!
- 1⁄2 banana
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup frozen blackberrie
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup frozen spinach, large pieces broken up
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunks in juice (tidbits or crushed pineapple would work just as well, if not better)
- Throw everything in the blender and puree until smooth. You might need to add additional pineapple juice or a tiny bit of water if you like to use a straw! I usually use a spoon to eat mine.
Very nice healthy drink, I ate mine, lol. I was a bit worried about the spinach but it tasted great!! Will make again, thanks for sharing :)
There are 315 recipes for fruit smoothies on this site, and this is the FIRST one I found that didn't have added sugar! Why would anyone add sweetening to fruit??? Brooke, this is superb. I did add 1/2 cup )%-fat Greek yogurt and some almond milk to the fruit and spinach, and it made it very creamy and tasty.
What a great way to take in those fruit servings! This was very good ... unfortunately, I forgot to add the spinach, but I'm betting when I make it tomorrow I'll like it just as well if not better because it will also deliver some veggies. I'll definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting. Made and reviewed for ZWT6.