Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from this week's Thursday magazine and was submitted by Naima Mathew John.
Make and share this Mixed Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 medium carrots, cut into small pieces
- 200 g French beans, cut into small pieces
- 2 red capsicums, cut into small pieces (bell peppers')
- 3 -4 leaves spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 pinches Chinese salt (ajinomoto)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly powdered
- 2 -3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 10 -20 pieces very small chicken (3-4 chicken sausages cut in small pieces)
- 10 -15 small prawns, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- Soak rice in 4-5 cups of water for 10-15 minutes.
- Put 3 cups of water in a pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once it boils, drain water from the rice and transfer the rice to this pot containing the boiling water.
- When it is half cooked, drain the excess water and allow to cool.
- Pour half a cup of oil into a non-stick skillet.
- Add ajinomoto.
- Once the oil is hot, pour the beaten egg into it.
- Stir well to make it into small pieces.
- Add chicken pcs.
- and cooked prawns to it.
- Stir well.
- Add salt.
- Add pepper powder to taste.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, beans and soya sauce.
- Cook until it is half cooked.
- Add capsicum and spring onion.
- Mix well.
- Add rice, a little at a time, and mix in slowly.
- Lower flame, cover pot with a lid, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from flame.
- Serve hot.