Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from this week's Thursday magazine and was submitted by Naima Mathew John.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 medium carrots, cut into small pieces
- 200 g French beans, cut into small pieces
- 2 red capsicums, cut into small pieces (bell peppers')
- 3 -4 leaves spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 pinches Chinese salt (ajinomoto)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly powdered
- 2 -3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 10 -20 pieces very small chicken (3-4 chicken sausages cut in small pieces)
- 10 -15 small prawns, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- Soak rice in 4-5 cups of water for 10-15 minutes.
- Put 3 cups of water in a pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once it boils, drain water from the rice and transfer the rice to this pot containing the boiling water.
- When it is half cooked, drain the excess water and allow to cool.
- Pour half a cup of oil into a non-stick skillet.
- Add ajinomoto.
- Once the oil is hot, pour the beaten egg into it.
- Stir well to make it into small pieces.
- Add chicken pcs.
- and cooked prawns to it.
- Stir well.
- Add salt.
- Add pepper powder to taste.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, beans and soya sauce.
- Cook until it is half cooked.
- Add capsicum and spring onion.
- Mix well.
- Add rice, a little at a time, and mix in slowly.
- Lower flame, cover pot with a lid, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from flame.
- Serve hot.