Chef #1365024's Note:
Bring color, flavor and nutrition to the table. With crunchy walnuts and a sweet, vanilla-pear vinaigrette, this crisp, light salad brings the taste of spring, along with nutrient-rich vegetables and fruit, with every bite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can pear halves (reserve 1/3 cup juice) or 1 slice in juice (reserve 1/3 cup juice)
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 bags about 8 ounces each endive mixed salad greens, including Belgian endive, radicchio, escarole, frise, chicory or 2 lbs , the same lettuce in heads cleaned of damaged leaves, cored, washed and broken in bite-size pieces
- 1To make dressing, purée all dressing ingredients, including reserved 1/3 cup juice from pears, in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- 2Soak onion in ice water for at least 10 minutes; drain.
- 3Toast walnut pieces. The easiest way is in a microwave oven: place walnuts on a microwave-safe pie plate or flat dish; heat on full power for 3 minutes. Taste to check that they are toasted enough. If not, cook for another minute.
- 4Toss lettuce and onions with dressing. Garnish with toasted walnuts.
- 5Servings: 12.
- 6Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- 7Nutrition Information for Dressing Per Serving: Calories 20; Total fat 0g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 85mg; Carbohydrate 5g; Fiber 1g; Protein 0g; Vitamin A 0%DV*; Vitamin C 0%DV; Folate 0%DV; Calcium 0%DV; Iron 0%DV; Potassium 1%DV.
- 8*Daily Value.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Endive Salad With Vanilla-Pear Vinaigrette and Toasted Wal
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.3
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 74.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar
mixed salad greens