Recipe by BirdyBaker
This is a response to a request. It looks so yummy. Fried rice and seafood in a sort of bechamel sauce and covered in cheese then broiled. You can't go wrong with cheese and seafood...mmm..my faves. This recipe is from a good friend of mine. Cook time is an estimate.
- 400 g cooked rice
- 40 g butter
- olive oil, as required
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 3 slices bacon
- 100 g mushrooms
- 4 deep- fried shrimp (frozen)
- 2 deep- fried white fish fillets (frozen)
- 4 deep- fried scallops (frozen)
- 40 g gruyere cheese
- 600 ml white sauce (canned)
- 30 g minced onions
- butter, as required
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices and the bacon into very thin slices.
- Heat 30g butter and olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the mushrooms and bacon and fry together.
- Add the cooked rice, making sure it does not stick, then flavor with salt and pepper.
- Add the minced parsley.
- In a separate frying pan, melt butter to taste.
- Fry the minced onions without burning them.
- Add heated white sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Fry the shrimp, whitefish and scallops separately, then cut into random sizes.
- Grease a gratin dish with 10g butter.
- Transfer the fried rice, mushrooms and bacon to a serving dish, placing the fried shrimp, whitefish and scallops, then half of the Gruyere cheese on top of it.
- Put the white sauce over the whole, and with the remaining Gruyere cheese, scatter it around. Bake in a 180C oven until it browns. When the doria has browned, transfer to a serving dish.