Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These vadas are easy to prepare and good for health,because of adding varieties of lentils. We make for parties &festivals.
- 1 cup channa dal
- 1 cup Urad Dal
- 1 yellow moong dal
- 1 tablespoon toor dal
- 2 inches ginger
- 8 -10 green chili peppers (according to taste)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 cup palak (fresh chopped leaves)
- 4 chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 cup coconut, grated
- 1 cup mint leaf (pudina)
- oil, to fry
- 1 teaspoon saunf
- soak all daals separatetly for atleast 2 hours.
- Spare 1tbsp of channadaal aside.
- Drain&grind them together,along withcoconut to a soft&stiff dough.
- Chop green chillies&crush ginger and garlic.
- Add all other ingredients to the daal mixture except OIL.
- Now heat oil,make the dough like small vadas (like cutlets).
- Deep fry them till they get golden crispy brown.
- Seve hot with fresh coconut chutney or tomato ketchup.